Kampala, Uganda- The operation by Kenyan security forces to secure the  westgate shopping mall in the capital Nairobi where the Al Qaeda linked Al-Shabaab terrorists from Somalia carried attack on Saturday killing more than 68 and injured about 180 people has entered day four.

Reports coming from Nairobi indicate that the security forces are in the last phase of evacuation  to secure the mall and free the remaining hostages.

Kenyan special forces are still battling “one or two” Islamist militants holed up inside Nairobi’s Westgate shopping mall, security sources involved in the operation told an AFP correspondent at the scene Tuesday.

The sources said the militants were located and isolated in or around a casino located on one of the upper floors of the complex.

gunfire and the sound of blasts could be heard coming from inside the mall at dawn, witnesses said.

The fresh fighting came some hours after the Kenyan government had declared it was in “full control” of the sprawling mall and as the siege went into its fourth day.

The security sources confirmed that a number hostages had been rescued and evacuated to a military hospital.

Somalia’s Al Qaeda-linked Al-Shabaab insurgents have claimed the attack, which began midday on Saturday when the armed militants marched into the complex, tossed grenades and fired automatic weapons and sent panicked shoppers fleeing.

However, Al Qaeda-linked Al-Shabaab insurgents have also warned that they will attack Uganda in 24 hours prompting security pave up in the country where the same terrorists attacked and killed at least 74 people  in two separate venues in the Ugandan capital, Kampala, where crowds had gathered to watch the World Cup final of 2010.

An injured woman is carried to safety after masked gunmen stormed an upmarket mall and sprayed gunfire on shoppers and staff in Nairobi on Saturday.
Heavy smoke rises from the Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, on Monday
Kenyan soldiers take cover after heavy gunfire near Westgate Mall on Monday.
People take cover behind an ambulance car at the Oshwal Centre adjacent to the Westgate Mall.
The thick black smoke billowed out from the Westgate Mall after a series of explosions and gunfire.
Kenyan troops in a fierce firefight with Al Shaba brebels at the Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya. At least more than 68 people are dead.
People run for cover from the Westgate shopping mall during the terrorists’ standoff with police.
Civilians who had been hiding inside the mall manage to flee Saturday.
Soldiers on guard inside the Westgate shopping mall.
Armed police leave after entering the Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, Sept. 21, 2013. / AP Photo
Armed police leave after entering the Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, Sept. 21, 2013.
/ AP Photo
A security officer helps a wounded woman outside the Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, Sept. 21, 2013, after gunmen threw grenades and opened fire during an attack that left multiple people dead and dozens wounded.